If at any time of the year you have concerns over your child’s progress or assessment please contact Mrs L Rainey, Assistant Headteacher, Raising Standards.
At Sale High School we believe from the moment a student starts Sale High School that they should have aspirational dreams, goals and targets. When students, parents and schools work together a child can flourish.
What we want to achieve
- To acquire, develop and master skills and knowledge that are required for success in their GCSEs.
- To incorporates summative assessment which supports continual formative feedback.
- Allows the pupil to reflect on their learning and revisit if required.
- Allows parents to support their child’s learning.
- Clearly shows when students are on/not on track to meet their target so swift and effective intervention can take place whatever their year group
Assessment over a half term
- One piece (two for KS4) of work will be marked every half term and detailed feedback given by the teachers on what you did well and what you need to do to improve.
- Other work will be acknowledged, self or peer assessed
- One assessment per half term based on grade descriptors
- Teachers will be using and referring to grade descriptors. These will be available in exercise books and on the school website.
- PLCs will be used at KS4.
Please follow the link for KS3 Grade descriptors
Reporting to Parents
- Assessment reports will be available 4x a year (2 of these reports will contain examination grades)
- Assessment reports contain information to let you know if your child is on track to meet their aspirational Year 11 GCSE Grade, attitude to learning and homework for each subject.
- There will be a Winter and Summer exam series each year and we will report % for each subject.
- Year 11 will have an additional set of exams in March.
- Once a year a full written report
- Once a year parents evening
- Parent Information evenings will support in the preparation for exams.
For more detail about assessment, reporting and how you can help your child please visit
Understanding Assessment at SHS
Parents Evening takes place once per year for each year group. See the school calendar for dates and times. Year 7 will have an additional ‘meet the form tutor’ evening where parents can discuss how their child has settled in. Parents Evenings provide an opportunity to meet your child’s subject teachers, visit the SEN department or discuss any concerns with the Senior Leadership Team. Bookings can be made via the online booking system, accessed from the homepage, approximately 3 weeks prior to the date of your Parents Evening. For full instructions on how to book please follow the link at the bottom of the page.
Parents Evening Schedule 2021/2022
|Year 7||Thursday 20th January 2022|
|Year 8||Thursday 17th March 2022|
|Year 9||Thursday 11th November 2021|
|Year 10||Thursday 24th February 2022|
|Year 11||Thursday 3rd February 2022|
Welcome Evening Schedule 2021/20
|Year 7||Thursday 7th October 2021|
|Year 8||Tuesday 12th October 2021|
|Year 9||Tuesday 12th October 2021|
|Year 10||Tuesday 28th September 2021|
|Year 11||Tuesday 21st September 2021|