Research has shown that productivity and attainment can be improved when children eat balanced meals.
Our school's catering is provided by Trafford Council's Operational Services for Education (OSfE) who take great pride in delivering professional, efficient, friendly, value for money and high quality food, using experienced staff, to meet the needs of all our students.
What's on offer
- Our School Canteen is open before school, at break and lunchtime
- In the morning, the canteen provides a wide range of breakfast foods to start the day right. See the menu below for more details.
- Students can pre order grab bags at breaktime. A Grab bag includes a sandwich, snack and drink and are ideal for students who wish to take part in extra curricular activities during lunch.
Students pay by placing their finger on a scanner at the point of sale in the canteen; a display will show the server the student’s name, tutor group and current cash balance held within the system. On request by a parent, an individual student limit can be set to include a school dinner and break time snack.
As standard, a daily spend limit of £4.00 will be set for all students and no food above that limit can be bought.
ParentPay is an online payment system and is our preferred payment option for school meals. It is easy to use and gives you the freedom to make payments 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It also means that students don’t have to take responsibility for carrying money around school.
The minimum amount of money that can be credited to the account is £10 and the maximum amount is £150.
Please note that ParentPay can also be used for all other payments to the school such as school trips, music lessons etc.
Cash payments can be made into an automatic cash terminal located just outside the canteen which is set to accept:
£2, £1, 50p, 20p & 10p coins
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to any full-time student who is still at school and eligible.
Free school meals are available for your child if you or your partner are in receipt of:
- Universal Credit.
- Income Support.
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of £16,190 or less, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
If you think your child is eligible then you will need to fill out an application available on the link below or by calling 0161 912 3265.