Sale High School prides itself on its examinations processes and procedures. Throughout the academic year students will undergo asessements under examination conditions in preparation for their GCSEs.
Collecting Examination Results 2018
Thursday 23rd August 2018
10.00am - 11.00am
Students will be able to collect their results in person from the main hall.
Under no circumstances will results be given out over the phone. If you wish a relative or someone else to collect your results you must inform the Exams Officer in advance, in writing. Proof of identity will be required.
Colleges and Sixth Forms will need to see your examination paperwork to confirm your grades.
If results are not collected on 23rd August, they will be posted to your home address by 2nd class post on results day. Please make sure you inform school as soon as possible if you are moving to a new address before results day.
Presentation Evening 2017
Thursday 16th November 2017
Students and up to 2 guests are invited to this prestigious evening.
The ceremony marks your graduation from High School and will see a number of students receiving special awards for their achievements in school. At the event you will receive your official examination certificates.
- All requests for enquiries about results must be received by the Exams Officer in school no later than 14 days after the publication of provisional results to allow time for processing the request.
- No late applications will be accepted by the exam boards.
- No request will be actioned without a completed candidate consent form signed by the candidate.
- Candidates cannot apply directly to the exam boards, the request has to go through school. Where a student wishes to make an enquiry about exam results they should discuss it with the appropriate Head of Department.
- If the MLL agrees then the school will fund the enquiry.
- If the MLL disagrees but accepts that the pupil can go ahead with the enquiry then the pupil must pay the appropriate fee for the enquiry. The fee must be paid before the school will action the enquiry (cheques should be made payable to Sale High School).
- For clerical checks and review of marking, the fee will not be charged if grades are amended. Candidates who have paid for an enquiry will receive a refund.
- The school will inform the pupil as soon as possible about the outcome of any enquiry.
Candidate consent is required before a request is made as candidates must understand that grades can go down as well as up.
There are three possible outcomes of a re-mark:
- Original Mark is lowered, so final grade may be lower than original grade.
- Original mark is confirmed as correct so there is no change to grade.
- Original mark is raised, so final grade may be higher that the original grade.
The services offered are clerical re-check, review of marking, and access to script.
The cost of these services ranges from £7.50 - £35.00 depending on the Exam Board and service.
An application form and cost details can be provided upon application.
Sale High School holds a presentation evening in November where Year 11 leavers receive their certificates. If you are unable to attend Presentation Evening, please contact the school to make arrangements for collection.
If you would like someone else to collect your certificates, they will need to bring written permission from you and should have identification with them.
The school is only obliged to keep the certificates for one year from the date of issue. If you require them after this date please contact the individual examination boards direct. Please note a charge will apply.
Replacement / Lost Certificates for past students
Exam Board Regulations
All examinations are run by the rules and regulations laid down by the joint awarding bodies. All schools must adhere to these rules. These rules exist to ensure fair and equal conditions for all students. All instances of misconduct will be reported to the examination board.
Below is a selection of JCQ notices which candidates must read before sitting their examinations.
If you require further information or have concerns please contact our Examinations Officer, Mrs S Stanley.