Performance & Results
2016 saw Sale High School achieve record breaking examination results, with records broken for a full range of subjects in both attainment and student progress. It is a testament to the dedicated staff as well as the ethos and culture of the school that the students are able to excel within a more challenging National Curriculum. Our progress 8 data is very strong and suggests students at our school achieve a third of a grade above national expectations across the curriculum.
*Progress 8 aims to capture the progress a pupil makes from the end of primary to the end of secondary school with a focus on academic subjects. It is now considered the main measure in performance tables.
- We are above both the Trafford and National Average
- We are one of the best non-selective schools in Trafford for Progress 8*.
- 59% of students achieving a Grade C and above in English, Maths and 5 other subjects.
- The success of the English Baccalaureate route sees 33% of students achieving this full suite of qualifications which is well above the last published National Average of 24%.
Students achieving A* - C
- 100% in Chemistry, Physics and Biology
- 80% in English Language & 79% in English Literature
- 88% in Art, 84% in Drama and 80% in Music
- Over 85% achieved this benchmark in RE, 73% in History
- 76% in Food Technology
- 72% in Modern Foriegn Languages.
We are proud of our inclusive ethos and that students, whatever their background are achieving so much better than the National Average. Our pupil premium gap is 6% compared to the last published national gap of 27% and is one of the best in Trafford. This means we are serving all our students well.
Please see the following link for a further breakdown of Progress 8 (Progress 8 aims to capture the progress a pupil makes from the end of primary to the end of secondary school with a focus on academic subjects. It is now considered the main measure in performance tables.) , Attainment 8, % good pass in English and Maths, Ebacc attainment and destination data.