- Category: Mission Statement
The school of choice in the community
An ambitious learning climate of high expectations and aspirations
Students are confident, happy and have positive attitudes to learning
All leaders are conspicuously successful in inspiring students to meet ambitious targets
School Improvement Plan Priorities 2016-2018
To ensure that...
• The quality of teaching and learning is outstanding. Assessment information is used to plan teaching and learning strategies and identify students who are falling behind in their learning or who need additional support.
• There is a broad and balanced curriculum that inspires students to learn. The range of subjects and courses helps students acquire knowledge, understanding and skills in all aspects of their education.
• Students are confident, self-assured learners. Their excellent attitudes to learning have a strong, positive impact on their progress. They are proud of their achievements and of their school.
• Leaders (including Governors) create a culture that enables students and staff to excel and are committed unwaveringly to setting high expectations for all, but especially for disadvantaged students.
• Throughout each year group and across the curriculum students make substantial and sustained progress, developing excellent knowledge, understanding and skills, considering their different starting points.